Rub and Steak ingredients:
- 4 Best Choice ribeye steaks
- 1 ½ tbsps. of paprika
- 1 ½ tbsps of freshed cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsps. of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. of ground cumin
- ½ tbsp. of salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 cups of chicken stock or water
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 1 ¼ cups of cornmeal
- 1 tsp of freshly cracked black pepper
- 7 tsps. of butter
- Polenta Preparation. In a saucepan, bring the milk and stock over high heat. Add the cornmeal in a steady and gradual stream while you continually whisk the mixture to prevent limps. For 1 to 2 minutes, bring the mixture to boil. Turn the heat low and continuously whisk for about half an hour or until the mixture begins to thicken noticeably. Add and stir in the salt, pepper, paprika, and 2 tbsps. of butter. Then, transfer the mixture to a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Spread the mixture using a spatula to make an even layer. Chill it in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or overnight until it becomes firm.
- Rub Preparation. Combine the paprika, sugar, cumin, pepper, and salt on a platter. Coat the ribeye steaks with the mixture. For 30 minutes, let the mixture sit in the refrigerator. Then, bring to room temperature.
- Get the chilled polenta and cut it into squares or right-angled triangles. Melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan, brush on the polenta, and grill it over direct medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until lightly brown.
- Steak Preparation. Over direct medium-high heat, grill steak for about 4 to 5 minutes for medium rare, 6 minutes for medium, or to desired doneness. Serve with polenta.