- 2 Best Choice t-bone steaks
- 1 tbsp. of steak seasoning blend
- 2 tbsps. of packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- Wood chip foil packet (refer below)
Chunky Barbeque Sauce ingredients:
- ¼ cup of chopped red onion
- ¼ cup of drained canned pineapple chunks (coarsely chopped)
- 1 ½ tsp. of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of mild barbeque sauce
- Sauce Preparation. In a small saucepan, combine onion, pineapple, 1 tbsp. of brown sugar, vinegar. Cook over high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid become syrupy, stirring infrequently. Reduce the heat to medium. Add barbeque sauce. Cook and stir mixture for about 1 minute or until heated through. Then, set aside.
- Steak Preparation. Combine 2 tbsps. of brown sugar, chili powder, and steak seasoning in a small mixing bowl. Press evenly into the beef steaks. Place prepared wood chip foil packet on one side of the grill directly over medium, ask-covered coals. Set cooking grid over the goals. Place the t-bone steaks in the center of the grid (not directly over the foil packet). Grill (covered) for about 20 to 24 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning infrequently.
- Cut steaks in slices and season with salt, if desired. Serve steaks with chunky barbeque sauce.
How to make the wood chip foil packets:
- Cut a 12 inches by 12 inches square of heavy-duty aluminum foil (if only regular foil, make a double layer).
- Place a cup of dry hickory wood chips unto the center of the square foil.
- Seal the packet by bring the two opposite sides together over the chips. Fold down in a series of 2 to 3 tightly-sealed folds.
- Fold the remaining sides that are open and oever 2 to 3 times. Press firmly to seal at each fold.